Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sick of high gas prices? Protest online!

I know I can't be the only one who DOESN'T want to just go by a hybrid in order to offset gas costs (which, once you factor in the higher sticker price doesn't make sense) and slow global warming. High gas prices are only one piece of the puzzle.
While I do believe strongly in making positive changes in our everyday lives to offset our carbon footprint; I think we need to lend our voice in addition to our actions.

I'm a firm believer in the idea that you shouldn't complain about something if you're not going to do something about it. (so I now freely complain :)) I think it's time to muster some of that free speech and let our elected representatives (and those running for election)that we want policy to change! It's time for big environmental changes on a national and world level.

Luckily, in this technologically advanced time we have it easy. Instead of having to take a lot of time out of our busy lives to protest or write letters, we can just submit our opinions online. This is a godsend for me--being a single mom with two businesses. Sure I'd prefer to have written everything myself, but let's face it, there's only so much time. So I rely on some well-respected organizations to track important events and send me updates on the latest environmental developments. Then I just click their links and in seconds I've sent letters to my elected officials letting them know that I believe environmental change is important.


I encourage you to check out these organizations (it's free):


www.wecansolveit.org
www.nrdc.org
www.conservefish.org

If you want to "protest" gas prices, click here: http://www.wecansolveit.org/page/s/gasprices